Monday, June 4, 2012

There's too much crochet in this world!

If I were a chicken, I'd be overcooked by now, considering the way I've been stewing! I uncovered several large plastic tubs of collected lace, handwork, and vintage treasures a few days ago. Having gone on a tear to remove the clutter from my life, I found sadly that my cleansing whirlwind didn't work! It only forced me to look at and handle each piece of crochet and every white tucked, embroidered Victorian undergarment with a loving, but critical eye. It will be necessary to bring this collection into prominence as something worthy of keeping, not only because of its beauty,  but because it can take its proper place in this disposal society in which we live .  I have been duely inspired by blogs which repurpose common articles, and I'm waiting right now for a  NEW idea to strike me...a thought which wouldl knock the blogging community on its collective ass after it assesses my remakes as  SO clever. Right now, I'm still thinking. I have a few items in mind, and I fully intend to wear my finished garments or display other artistic creations proudly somewhere around the house...disguised now but a living testiment to the flashing needles of industrious women everywhere in our Past.

No comments:

Post a Comment