Friday, July 13, 2012

If at First You Don't Succeed...

Today I'll tackle the piles of crochet and lace Again!

 Yesterday I started pinning accents on my jacket from a beautiful piece of lace...don't even remember where I got it. I cut out individual medallions, pinning and repinning them in different places.




 I have a tendency to overdo, so my plan of attack is to work for a while and then let the design rest. That way, I have a much better perception of what I've done, and right now my perception is that I need to start  over

. I am contemplating the removal of the sleeves so that the jacket will transformed into a vest. In this climate, adding additional weight to denim...even stretch denim...can feel unnecessarily heavy.

 Other people might not think this project is even wearable, but I've always been able to "pull off" items most people wouldn't be caught dead in.

 I think that's why I ve enjoyed Pinterest so much...because I've found out there are others out there like me...not that I'm special that way. Different is the way I like to think of myself. However, I think I give myself too much credit sometimes.

 Creativity looks so easy when other people do it, but the process is a labyrinth of wrong turns, most of which I have taken in the last few days. I am determined to please myself, and I'm not there yet. Back to the pins and the stacks and the scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment